Holiday weekend - personal update

  • Buffer
  • Sharebar
  • Buffer
jethro's picture

After a massive 72 hour week I decided to take Saturday off. The only exercise I had had all week was a 1 hour football training run on Wednesday night. So Friday night after Kitty (who works for me) and I had finished work Peter her fiancé came over. Jude went to bed early so we stayed up and played a board game called Power Grid. After Peter and Kitty went to bed I then stayed up even later playing Lara Croft Tomb Raider underworld. In the  morning, Jude went off to an all day reptile course. Grace came to baby sit the kids while Peter, Kitty and I headed off to the hills. We met Peter’s brother Greg on the way. We spent a glorious hour and a half riding in the rain forest. A massive slippery down hill – very steep, lots of technical stuff and thick with very slippery dust was a lot of fun. Kitty had a big off. This was the steepest she had ever ridden before. I actually saw her perform an over the handlebars somersault landing on her back and sliding. Surprisingly little damage to skin and only a few  tears. She is a tough brave lass! However she will be sore for a few days. Then we had a long slog up hill to get back to where we left the cars.


After Peter and Kitty left and I had a shower, I sat the kids down and we decided what to do in the afternoon. Swimming and the zoo were both requested. So I made them put their togs on under their clothes and we headed to the zoo. We spent 2 and a half hours wandering around and checking out the animals. Lots of fun and we missed lots, but we can go back – we have annual passes!

From there we headed to the beach, and even though it was blustery, the wind and water was warm and the kids enjoyed swimming, exploring and playing. Jude came straight to the beach from her course, and we had fish and chips and ice cream at the local beach side store.

After going home and putting the kids to bed, Jude and I settled down and watched a movie and then headed for bed. A fantastic day – and I only touched a computer for about 20 minutes all day!

Sunday after church, we went to lunch with friends after picking up some kids we are looking after while their mum is in hospital with her latest baby. The kids had lots of fun playing - I had to work though :( so we came home early and I worked til after the kids had eaten dinner then we all watched a movie together. I then played some Underworld while the kids gave helpful hints about avoiding giant spiders and running over thralls with the motorbike. After that Jude made me dinner and then I worked for a while before bed.

This week I have lots of work on but more balance back towards physical activity and family time. Still it was nice to have an entire day off – a rarity for me.